Important Announcement Regarding Huffman ISD School Calendar, Graduation and the High School and Middle School Bell Schedules:
The following changes were approved by our Board of Trustees this past Monday night –
· The last day of school for all Huffman ISD students will be moved up to May 27th for this school year.
· The High School Graduation Ceremony will also be moved up to May 27th.
· Effective January 5th the bell schedule at the High School and Middle School will be adjusted. School will begin at 7:20 and conclude at 2:50 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of each week. The dismissal time on Wednesdays will also be at 2:50, but the start time will move to 9:01.
· The transportation schedules will not be significantly impacted. The pick-up schedule in the mornings will remain at the current times for all students. The drop-off times for the Middle School and High School students will be about five minutes later.
· The following Wednesdays will NOT have late arrival to accommodate testing schedules: December 9th, December 16th, March 30th,
May 4th, May 11th, May 18th, May 25th.
· The start and dismissal time for our Elementary campuses will not be changed.
· Huffman ISD teachers and campus staff members will report May 31st- June 3rd for staff development and teacher workdays.
· A revised calendar reflecting these changes has been posted on our website.
Thank you for your cooperation and working with us to create the best possible learning experience for our children. If you have any questions about these changes, please contact your child’s campus or contact the office of the Assistant Superintendent at 281-324-7633.
District 23AAAA DEC